UBC Okanagan Staff & Faculty Sports Day
Rules & Challenges
The goal is to complete all challenges with the highest point score, while building teamwork and networking in a fun, social environment.
Please note the following rules:
- Team captains must check in their team at the registration table between 12:00 & 12:50 pm.
- Teams to gather to warm up 12:50 pm for a group warm up prior to start of event.
- Teams move around each station at their own pace, some stations require two teams to do the challenge so team may have to wait.
- All team members must be at the same challenge (teams cannot split up)
- Minimum of 4 team members to compete in any one challenge.
- There are a total of 10 challenge stations spread inside and outside UBC Recreation Gymnasium, Fitness Hangar and outdoor space
- "New" more challenging activities for those who would like the extra challenge.
- Some challenges two teams will be pitted against each other, others will just be the team completing a challenge.
- Each challenge may only be attempted and completed once.
- Upon successful completion of a challenge a score card will be given to each team from the volunteer running the activity.
- Team member to submit score cards to Score Keeper at registration table throughout the event.
- Step It Up Challenge, one team member tracks their steps for the team and reports them in to the Score Keeper at the end of the event.
- Challenges begin at 1:00 pm and finish at 3:00 pm.
- Some challenges are timed, others have point values.
- Teams can continue to complete the activity they are at and turn their score card into the Score Keeper by 3:10 pm.
- Teams are to complete the 10 challenges and have their scores entered in order to be eligible for a prize.
- While waiting for a station or once all 10 activities are complete there will be ice cream/sorbet for everyone.
- Prizes will be awarded for the Most Spirited Team and voted on by all participants
- Top Individual Challenge is open for all participants.
- Door Prize draws
Listed below are some of the activities for this year's event.
- Mini Brains & Brawns
- Giant Volley Pong
- 3 Legged Race
- Egg & Spoon Race
- Olympic Crossword
- Wooden Ski Race
- Giant Jenga
- PVC Pipe Race
- Aboriginal Stick Game
- Slam Can
- Football Toss
- Hanging Monkey
- Basketball Bump
Last reviewed 3/28/2018 1:33:33 PM